Things that have happened in the first week of law school:
- I missed my section's library orientation because I was reading for contracts / playing N.
- During a peer advisor's don't-feel-bad-if-you-lose speech before section elections, I cheerfully pointed out that "four of these [five] people running are going to lose."
- My bike was stolen the day before I planned to go out and buy a better lock for it.
- I missed my research group's first meeting in the library because I missed when we planned on having it. On the bright side, I would have been of little use, having missed the orientation.
- I successfully paid so little attention in contracts that I didn't even get the relevant jokes being IMed to me.
- I had a full 250GB hard drive die with absolutely no warning.
- I waited a very long time for a sandwich.
As a side note, Texas finally sent me a survey asking why I chose not to accept admission, the first conclusive proof that they are actually aware that I will not be attending. Now if only they hadn't already sold my contact information to every provider of student services in the greater Austin area.